Dixon Golf Contests
- One Dixon Earth golf ball is given to every player, whether they participate in the Challenge or not.
- An optional $10 donation to participate in the Challenge.
- Each Challenge participant will receive a free mulligan on the hole.
- If either ball the player hit lands on the green, then he/she will win a sleeve of Dixon Earth Golf Balls.
- If all golfers in a group participate in the Challenge the team will also receive an automatic birdie for their score to maintain pace of play.
- If a Challenge participant gets a hole-in-one they will win a chance at a million dollars at the finals of the Fiesta Bowl Million Dollar Hole-in-One Challenge.
The Aurelius Driver Challenge
- Each participant will get two tickets for the raffle for a $350 Aurelius Driver
- It is an optional $20 donation to play in this Challenge.
- Each participant gets a mulligan at the tee box. Their first hit is with their club and their mulligan is with the Aurelius driver.
- Hula-hoops will be placed between 150 yards and 300 yards from the tee box. If either of the two tee shots lands in a hula-hoop, the donor will receive a certificate to get a custom $350 Aurelius Driver for free.
- If the entire group participates they will get to improve their lie on the hole and shoot their tee shot from a special 100-yard tee box. If the participating golfer makes a Hole-In-One from 100 yards out, they will win a chance at a million dollars at the finals of the Fiesta Bowl Million Dollar Hole-in-One Challenge.
- Each Challenge participant will receive a gift certificate for a free hybrid golf club (valued at $150) just for donating.
ASHRAE La Crosse Golf Outing Rules
Format: Scramble (4-person teams)
- Each player in the foursome hits off the tee. The “captain” then decides which is the best ball to play, and all four players make their next shot from that spot. This process continues for each shot (including putts) until the ball is in the hole. (Note: Balls not being used are simply picked up and moved to the best shot.)
- The team score on each hole is the number of strokes taken to get the ball in the hole using the “best” shots.
- Each foursome must use one tee shot of each player during the round.
- Shots must be played from as close to the spot of the shot selected as possible and must be played from the same type of lie (i.e. not moved from rough to fairway).
- If your group is a threesome, one player will be allowed to hit two shots on each hole. For example, player one will hit two shots on hole one, player two on hole two, player three on hole three, player one on hole four and so on. Keep the rotation the same.
- Mulligans cannot be used to win any contests.
- Any team with one or more Past Chapter Presidents will automatically have their final score reduced by a single stroke. (Not a single stroke per hole and not a stroke per Past President)
(Mulligans cannot be used for contests)
- Longest Drive: Your drive must be in the fairway to count. If you beat the existing longest drive, put your name on the marker in the fairway and move it to your ball location.
- Straightest Drive: There will be a line painted down the center of the fairway. The closest ball to this line will win. If you beat the existing straightest drive, put your name on the marker in the fairway and move it to your ball location.
- Closest to the Hole: Your “tee” shot must be on the green to count. If you beat the existing closest to the pin put your name on the marker and move it to your ball location.
- Closest Second Shot: Your second shot must be on the green to count. If you beat the existing closest to the pin put your name on the marker and move it to your ball location.
- Hole-in-One: Just get a hole in one – pretty simple.
- Longest Putt: Your ball must be on the green. If your made putt is further away from the hole than the marker, put your name on the marker and move it to your ball location.
Tees: Golfers should play from the tees appropriate for their gender and age.
Mulligans can be purchased for $5.00 each. They can be used to “do over” a bad shot, but only by the individual who purchases the mulligan. The entire foursome is not allowed to hit again
String will also be available for $5.00 per person. Players are issued a length of string prior to the round’s start. The string can be used at any time during the round by a player who wants to improve his or her lie. The catch is that each time you use your string, you must cut off the amount of string corresponding to the distance your ball was moved. Move your ball 15 inches to get out of a bunker, cut 15 inches off your string (a ball can be moved out of any hazard other than a water hazard).
Packages including mulligans and string can be pre-purchased along with registration. See the Registration form for more detail.