Hello ASHRAE La Crosse
May Event Reminder!!!
When: Wednesday, May 11th at 4pm
Where: 24th Street Passive House
749 24th Street North
La Crosse, WI 54601
What: Tour and Q&A of Passive House
More about the tour:
- Documentation about passive house is attached to this event. Review if you have time and come with questions for the owner.
- A YouTube presentation by the architect has information on passive houses in general and this house specifically. First 30 minutes is general info and 0:30-1:30 covers design of the house. Construction starts at about 1:23 if you have limited time.
- Arrive at the house at 4pm for a tour.
Young Engineers of ASHRAE (YEA) will be hosting an event where all young engineers can try out curling at the Green Island Ice Arena!
Learn how to curl with the La Crosse Curling Club. Join the Young Engineers in ASHRAE on Saturday, March 12th 2022 at the Green Island Ice Arena in La Crosse between 10:00a – 12:00p. Rubber soled shoes are required. Wear loose, warm, layered clothing and avoid denim jeans. The rink is held around 50F.
The cost is $10 per attendee. Non-members are welcome. Space is limited to 30 people, so register now!
Proof of vaccination and ID are required. For additional information or questions, contact Gabe Korinek at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register by Thursday, March 10th.
Location: Green Island Ice Arena 2312 7th St S La Crosse, WI 54601
Date: Saturday, March 12th
Time: 10:00a – 12:00p
Cost: $10 per attendee
Click here to signup: https://forms.gle/3LuNWE4y1QtDsknH6
When: Wednesday, March 16th Noon-1PM
Who: Charles Jelen
Webinar Link for remote attendance: https://meet.goto.com/756409349
No in-person attendance for this meeting
More about the Presentation:
- Basics of Decarbonization
- Where are emissions generated
- Difference between embodied carbon and operational carbon
- Drivers behind decarbonization
- How can HVAC play a role in decarbonization
- Closer look at operation carbon in the following categories:
- Refrigerant Management
More information on the Presenter:
Decarbonization Program Manager
Trane Commercial North America
Charles is the decarbonization program manager based out of La Crosse, Wisconsin. He has been involved in the development and support of HVAC systems for Trane since 2012. His areas of expertise are in hydronic systems, refrigerants, system modeling, and decarbonized system designs including the electrification of heating.
As the decarbonization program manager Charles has responsibility for key account decarbonization and customer project support across North America.
Charles has a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Minnesota and is a member of ASHRAE.
ASHRAE is hosting its first virtual career fair February 7 – 14. If you are a student looking for work in the sustainability, HVAC or refrigeration industries, or an employer in search of talented students, click the link below to learn more about the event and sign up.
On January 19, our Chapter welcomed Tony Bruno of Trane Technologies to present on ASHRAE Guideline 36, which pertains to control of variable air volume systems and central plant equipment. The slides from his presentation are accessible at the link below. Enjoy!